Customer Service & Marketing Coordinator
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Sales & Marketing
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
bioLytical Laboratories, ranked on Business in Vancouver’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies list, is focused on the research, development and commercialization of rapid, point-of-care in vitro medical diagnostics using its proprietary INSTI technology platform.
With a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA approval, Health Canada approval and CE mark, bioLytical markets and sells its INSTI HIV test globally, the INSTI HIV Self Test and INSTI HIV/Syphilis Multiplex test in Europe. The INSTI product line provides highly accurate test results in 60 seconds or less, far faster than the 15-20 minutes required for tests based on lateral flow technology.
bioLytical’s business is expanding so we are adding top talent to support our growth model and provide best in class service to our customers. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Customer Service & Marketing Coordinator is a critical member of the team who supports many internal and external customers. You’ve been told time and time again, you have a voice meant for the phone . . . as the first point of contact, you answer incoming calls with grace and eloquently transfer callers to the appropriate person. You are a born organizer and doer . . . you love making checklists and take pride in crossing completed tasks off . . . everything from stocking the office supply cupboard to ensuring tradeshow booths arrive on time and in perfect condition across the globe. You’ve had a customer service job in the past and feel like you’ve got that piece nailed and are now looking to apply your marketing education to the real world. You know you can keep the office humming and still multi-task by helping with marketing campaigns, brand awareness, lead generation and trade show coordination amongst others. You live the INSTI core values through and through:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Answer incoming calls and transfer to the appropriate party
- Promptly respond to customer communication inquiries and troubleshoot customer issues
- Prepare training certificates for customers trained by the sales team
- Support internal colleagues by performing office support duties including preparing and proofreading communications, preparing reports, scheduling meetings, assisting with company functions, data entry, out of office coverage, etc.
- Provide sales support to existing and new customers by providing product performance information, benefits, sales processes and costs as required
- Train as back up to the Order Fulfillment and Customer Service Coordinator for US and International Sales: receive, coordinate and process all incoming sales orders, troubleshoot customer order/purchase order issues and act as the communication liaison between the customer and the customer’s account manager
- Assist with compiling market and competitor research
- Assist in the development of all strategic and tactical marketing initiatives and plans
- Manage, coordinate and track PR/promotional activities to include press and social media
- Write, execute and deploy email marketing collateral, campaigns and web content
- Coordinate and organize all tradeshow arrangements (registration, shipping of booth, promotional materials, travel)
- Assist in the development and execution of corporate events (holiday parties, employee appreciations, shareholder meetings).
- Manage bioLytical and INSTI branded sites to ensure that they are current, dynamic, and relevant
- Review web analytics on an ongoing basis and generate monthly reports regarding site traffic
- Support sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, new product information
WHAT YOU BRING:
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service, communications, market research or marketing
- Confident, engaging written and oral communication skills with excellent organizational abilities
- Expertise in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and CRM tools (SalesForce)
- Social media application knowledge (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Must demonstrate initiative and critical thinking with a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of sexual health, HIV, public health and retail will be required to be developed and would be an advantage. Applicants should exemplify this or demonstrate how they intend on developing, with support, this knowledge once in the position.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.