City: Richmond, BC, Canada
Position: Full Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
At bioLytical, we are experiencing unprecedented growth and are looking for an Accountant to join our Accounting team. The Accountant will be responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable, Capital Assets, and G/L reconciliations. You’re a self starter, you pride yourself on catching the details and you understand the importance of providing responsive service in and out of the organization. You live the INSTI Core Values through and through.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Review vendor invoices for appropriate approval and match invoices with corresponding purchase orders and packing slips
- Process intercompany transactions
- Code invoices to correct general ledger accounts before entry into Quickbooks Enterprise
- Ensure accurate entry of invoices in a multi-company and multi-currency set-up
- Review, validate and enter employee expense reports and reconcile credit cards
- Prepare cheque runs, wires, and EFT payments according to schedule
- Monitor credit card balances and initiate payments as needed
- Respond to payment inquires and resolve in a timely manner
- Reconcile data between Quickbooks Online, DBA Manufacturing and Salesforce CRM to ensure accuracy of revenue and cost of goods sold
- Maintenance of Capital Assets schedule, prepaids and other G/L accounts as assigned
- Gather data for Accounting Manager’s monthly and quarterly variance analysis reports
- Statutory Filings, including GST, PST and Statistics Canada surveys
- Weekly bank reconciliation for all entities
- Support as backup to Billing and AR administrator
- Assist in the preparation of audits (year end, government, insurance, bank)
- Participation in accounting and cross-functional projects to support corporate objectives
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a multi-company, multi-currency manufacturing company
- Accounting designation or final stages of recognized accounting program
- Highly organized individual who demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel)
- Quickbooks Enterprise experience would be considered an asset
- A base knowledge of supply chain logistics and relevant software and/or systems would be considered an asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, time-management and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Exercise room with a gym and shower facilities
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.