Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
At bioLytical, we are experiencing unprecedented growth and are looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our Accounting team. Reporting to Accounting Manager, the Accounting Assistant will be mainly responsible for supporting Order Desk, Accounts Payable and Receivable. This is an excellent position for someone who aspires to work in accounting as it provides a well-rounded exposure that will kick-start your career. You’re a self starter, you pride yourself on catching the details and you understand the importance of providing responsive service in and out of the organization. You live the INSTI Core Values through and through.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and sign off daily sales orders and quotes for accuracy
- Provide vacation/time-off coverage for order desk including order entry, liaising with customers, sales and shipping.
- Review vendor invoices for appropriate approval and match invoices with corresponding purchase orders and packing slips
- Code invoices to correct general ledger accounts before entry into Quickbooks Enterprise
- Review, validate and enter employee expense reports and reconcile credit cards
- Assist with collection of overdue accounts
- Provide vacation/time-off coverage for accounts payable and receivable
- Other ad-hoc tasks or projects
- 1 year of accounting, administrative or co-op experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel)
- QuickBooks Enterprise, Salesforce and MRP/ERP experience would be considered an asset
- Experience in a multi-currency manufacturing company would be considered an asset
- Accounting related degree or diploma would be considered an asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, time-management and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental – 100% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Paid sick days
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Exercise room with a gym and shower facilities
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh, and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Please send a cover letter and resume in application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.