Accounts Receivable and Billing Administrator
City: Richmond, BC, Canada
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for agile and energetic people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Accounts Receivable & Billing Administrator is responsible for the full-cycle accounts receivable including reviewing sales orders, generating invoices, collection, depositing cheques, sending out statements of account balance, responding to customers inquires, assisting with month and year end close processes.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Review sales orders and quotes for accuracy and generate daily invoices
- Process refunds for overpayments, price adjustments, or shipping errors and issue credit notes as required
- Process daily receipts, including cheques, wires, and credit card payments; and apply against customer accounts
- Follow up on collections calls to ensure compliance with commitments made by customers
- Send out accurate and timely statements of accounts, perform customer account reconciliations and manage customer accounts to ensure balances are kept up to date
- Review customers’ credit applications to provide analysis for credit approvals, negotiate account contracts and payment terms
- Address requests from Sales and Customer Service team as well as external customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Maintain GL activities such as recording payment receipts, prepayments, month end journal entries, and reconcile AR sub-ledger
- Generate various internal reports and provide to US sales representatives
- Maintain proper filing of invoices, customer payments and bank deposits
- Perform other accounting duties as required
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Minimum 3 years full cycle accounts receivable experience
- Accounting related degree or diploma
- Quickbooks experience would be considered an asset
- Advanced Excel skills
- Highly organized individual who demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Positive working attitude, willing to learn and grow
- Analytical and outgoing personality
- Able to multi task and prioritize with a proactive approach in a high paced environment
- Self-motivated, team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.