Business Systems Analyst
City: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Information Technology
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for agile and energetic people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
Due to our rocket-ship growth, we are looking for a service-oriented go-getter to manage and support our technology platforms. If you are known as a systems guru, have a knack for processes and love to make things faster, smarter and simply better – we’d love to hear from you! Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Business Systems Analyst is a newly created role responsible for the administration of our information systems, integrations and data integrity. You are looking for a change from the ordinary and are ready to liaise with an outsourced IT services company to ensure greater efficiency, support, integration and cost containment to bioLytical by bringing certain processes in-house now that we have scaled to 75+ employees. You’ve been in small and large companies before and know what a good information systems and information technology team looks like. You live the INSTI Core Values through and through.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Administration of information systems including, but not limited to, CRM programs, MRP programs, accounting programs and company server files
- Act as systems administrator for onboarding and offboarding users: account setup, permission sets, role assignments and training
- Evaluate business processes, elicit and document user requirements, uncover areas for automation, and implement solutions
- Point of contact for troubleshooting, training and support relating to data integrity and information systems
- Support month end close by performing Jitterbit query to sync sales orders in DBA to Salesforce
- Reconcile sale orders information in Salesforce to QuickBooks and upload reconciled data
- Load updated Bill of Material (BOM) information into DBA every quarter
- Research and participate in the selection process of an ERP system
- Update, implement and maintain systems procedures, workflows and processes
- Test and validate information systems to ensure system performs to expectations
- Act as internal help desk and liaise with external vendors for additional support
- Coordinate all computer hardware purchases with external vendors
- Manage corporate cellphone plan – onboard and offboard users
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Undergraduate university degree, preferably with a business, health sciences or computer science component as a focus
- Minimum three years related work experience and a working knowledge of relational database management, system integrations, SQL and APIs
- Previous experience with Salesforce in an administrative capacity a big asset
- Proven success implementing ERP systems and process automations
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements, while documenting process in a clear and concise manner
- Strong process improvement and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with a customer service orientation
- Knowledge or experience with various functional areas (ie: marketing, sales, supply chain, accounting).
- Proficiency in common office software suites, the internet and cloud-based software applications
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals