Director of People and Culture
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada – Head Office
Department: People & Culture
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed, and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
bioLytical’s business is expanding so we are adding top talent to support our rocket ship growth with this newly created position. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of People & Culture is a key leadership role with a clear mandate to create our culture and people operations.
From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day People operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
This is a very exciting time to join bioLytical as we continue to scale and evolve! You will have the opportunity to drive change and implement robust People & Culture programs working in close partnership with senior management.
You live the INSTI Core Values through and through and play a vital role in driving forward our mission to get people tested with the best technology on the market.
INSTI CORE VALUES
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED TO EXCEL: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Build out and lead the People team which includes Recruiting, People Operations, Learning & Development and Culture
- Develop people and culture strategies to support the achievement of business objectives
- Foster and grow a high-performance organizational culture
- Partner with department leaders to develop strategic and operational People programs that will strengthen culture, improve performance and enhance engagement within their teams
- Develop strategic recruitment and retention plans
- Develop and track key metrics to measure employee happiness, engagement, performance, and retention
- Partner with our finance team to ensure our compensation strategy remains competitive and scales with the company
- Create and maintain a culture of building a diverse and inclusive team, including specialized outreach, recruitment practices, and community engagement
WHAT YOU BRING
- You value internal customer service; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven.
- University Degree in HR or related field
- 10+ years of People & Culture operations
- 5+ years of leading People & Culture function
- You are a seasoned professional with a passion for building and growing people teams and companies
- Proven track record of scaling an organization to over 200 people
- You are a hands-on leader and enjoy fast paced environment
- You’re an expert at coaching and mentoring senior leaders
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental – 100% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel/Bridgeport Skytrain Station
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the holiday parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. For additional details about this opportunity and to apply, please provide your resume and salary expectations along with a response to the below questions in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What programs (formal or informal) did you put in place to improve and enhance the culture at one of your previous companies?
- What steps would you take to ensure diversity throughout the company?
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.