Document Control and Training Coordinator
Location: Richmond, BC
Department: Quality Assurance
Position: Full Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for agile and energetic people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
bioLytical’s business is expanding so we are adding top talent to support our rocketship growth and provide best-in-class engagement with our community. Reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Document Control Coordinator is responsible for managing documents and records, and for coordinating bioLytical training program. If you are looking for a change from the ordinary and are ready to liaise with the outstanding team with greater efficiency, support, and integration then bioLytical would be the right place for you. You will play a vital role in achieving exponential growth and driving forward our mission to get people tested with the best technology on the market. You live the INSTI Core Values through and through.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes the initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions, and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates a passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings, and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Maintaining a document control system through established engineering change order processes.
- Participating in the electronic quality management system implementation.
- Providing GDP, document control, change processes training to a new hire.
- Improving an existing training program, maintain training matrices for various department.
- Reviewing, revising and editing quality documents and maintain good documentation practices.
- Participating in internal and external audits.
- Perform any other QA tasks as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Undergraduate university degree, preferably with health sciences.
- Minimum two years related work experience and a working knowledge of quality system elements.
- Knowledge of quality system regulations (ISO 13485, 21 CFR 820).
- Knowledge of 21 CFR 11-electronic records; electronic records.
- Knowledge or experience with cross-functional areas (i.e.: Production, Quality control Supply chain).
- Proficiency in common office software suites, the internet, and cloud-based software applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated, team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and Bridgeport skytrain station (located at the River Rock Hotel)
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals