Financial Planning & Cost Accounting Manager
City: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Accounting & Finance
Position: Full Time, 12 Month Maternity Leave Contract
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for agile and energetic people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
At bioLytical, we are experiencing unprecedented growth and looking for someone with an eye for details and a passion for the story behind the numbers. Reporting to the Director of Finance and working closely with the CEO, the Financial Planning & Cost Accounting Manager has the opportunity to build scalable FP&A processes that simplify, align & support business and operational decisions. You live the INSTI Core Values through and through.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Review and update the rolling 5-year plan on a monthly basis
- Obtain revenue, expense and capital expenditure budgets from department heads and incorporate into rolling 5-year plan
- Lead and streamline the annual budgeting process in close partnership with other managers
- Coordinate monthly forecast reviews with operations and sales team to improve visibility
- Prepare monthly budget to actual expense variance analysis reports, meet with department heads to review and adjust rolling expense projections
- Present revenue KPI dashboard for discussion at weekly executive management meeting and adjust rolling revenue projections as required
- Establish KPIs for all departments and build out a Monthly Reporting Package
- Research and recommend tools for dashboarding, KPIs or other BI platforms
- Participate in accounting and cross-functional projects to support corporate objectives
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare reports to compare standard costs with actual production costs (monthly)
- Review, reconcile and analyze monthly manufacturing, purchasing, sales and costing transactions in Salesforce CRM, DBA Manufacturing & Quickbooks Enterprise to ensure accuracy of revenue and cost of goods sold
- Review Bills of Materials (BOMs) and recommend quarterly adjustments to standard costs if required
- Prepare quarterly gross margin and contribution margin reports for management
- Prepare year end working paper files for annual audits as they relate to revenue, inventory, cost of goods sold and expense variance analysis
- Provide cost estimates and suggested selling prices for proposed new products
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Minimum 5 years financial planning or cost accounting experience in a multi-currency, multi-company manufacturing environment
- CPA or CFA designation
- Highly organized individual who demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel)
- Analytical and outgoing personality
- Able to multi task and prioritize with a proactive approach in a high paced environment
- Self-motivated, team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.