IT Manager (Technology Manager)
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada – Head Office
Department: Corporate Services
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed, and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
bioLytical’s business is expanding so we are adding top talent to support our rocket ship growth with this newly created position. If you are known as an IT guru, have a knack for processes and love to make things faster, smarter and simply better – we’d love to hear from you!
Reporting to the COO, the IT Manager will be responsible for managing the outsourced Managed Service Provider, IT infrastructure including software, equipment and help desk support services with a focus on internal customer service.
From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth. This is a very exciting time to join bioLytical as we continue to grow and evolve! You will have the opportunity to drive change and implement robust IT technologies working in close partnership with various departments.
You live the INSTI Core Values through and through.
INSTI CORE VALUES
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED TO EXCEL: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Responsible for executing the company’s IT strategies with business stakeholders and ensures the operation of the IT department is aligned with the company’s business objectives
- Manage IT team members by recruiting, training and coaching
- Serve as the main system administrator for all software applications, including ERP and Salesforce
- Migrate or mine data from robotic manufacturing equipment to generate live dashboards
- Manage relationships with all IT vendors including, negotiating contracts and service level agreements
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining all software and hardware
- Identify opportunities for IT system improvement
- Plan and manage the IT strategic plan and technology roadmap
- Analyze system requirements with other department managers and recommend possible solutions
- Prepare and manage cost effective annual IT budget
- Maintain policies and standard operating procedures for all IT services and Help Desk
- Build relationships and trust with key stakeholders to understand the current and future business needs and identify technology solutions
- Collaborate and contribute on the evaluation and implementation of an ERP system and other related software
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of IT and systems administration with minimum 5 years of department management experience
- Oracle Enterprise Manager for MySQL database plus Windows, Linux and MacOS
- Familiar with agile concepts and methodologies
- An avid learner committed to keeping up to date with latest technologies and market trends
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental – 100% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel/Bridgeport Skytrain Station
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the holiday parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. For additional details about this opportunity and to apply, please provide your resume and salary expectations in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.