IT Support Specialist
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada – Head Office
Department: Corporate Services
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed, and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist will be responsible for the administration of software applications, computer equipment and help desk support services with a focus on internal customer service.
The IT Support Specialist will serve as a resource to employees and will work collaboratively to provide exceptional customer service and IT infrastructure support while participating in projects to improve our overall IT infrastructure and services.
You live the INSTI Core Values through and through and play a vital role in driving forward our mission to get people tested with the best technology on the market.
INSTI CORE VALUES
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED TO EXCEL: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Assist with systems administration for all software applications
- Assist in managing user access, roles, profiles and permissions
- Manage Active Directory, Exchange, Office365 user accounts
- Identify opportunities for IT system improvement
- Main point of contact and liaison for the outsourced Managed Service Provider
- Assist in purchasing and maintaining all software and hardware including laptops
- Setting up workstations for new employees, onboarding and offboarding users: account setup, permission sets and orientation
- Track, maintain and control IT assets
- Manage phones and phone systems and liaise with phone service providers
- Provide support for other software and hardware business needs such as A/V equipment
WHAT YOU BRING
- BSc Computer Science
- 2+ years of IT support or systems administration
- Strong and thorough knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Office 365 and Active Directory
- Proven analytical abilities as well as diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn applications and processes quickly, while adapting to change
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental – 100% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel/Bridgeport Skytrain Station
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the holiday parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. For additional details about this opportunity and to apply, please provide your resume and salary expectations in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.