Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Technical Operations, Operations
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
The Laboratory Technician will report to a senior Product Support personnel under the supervision of the Manager of Technical Operations. They are a valued member of the group and will be responsible for providing support to the Technical Operations team. You will be an important part of the team and live the INSTI Core Values through and through.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Assist and conduct testing for validation studies including performance studies and stability studies
- Support Scientists or Associates on various tasks and/or projects and perform these tasks with supervision, including troubleshooting of test results and design challenges
- Assist in investigation to support Customer Complaint Reports (CCR) and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA)
- Assist in investigation of QC non-conformity and other quality relevant investigations
- Assist in the general upkeep of the laboratory
- Assist in general inventory maintenance of laboratory materials and equipment
- May analyze and summarize data and write reports
- May participate in reviewing standard operating procedures and provide input
- May participate in Quality Assurance activities such as internal audits and inspection preparation
WHAT YOU BRING:
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a life sciences discipline, preferably in medical technology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry, biology or related science
- Knowledge of or experience with GLP, GMP and laboratory safety practices desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and written communication skills are required
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training
- Must have strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Outlook)
- Organized and detail-oriented
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.