Master Production Scheduler
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Position: Full Time
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. based in Richmond, BC, Canada is a privately-owned Canadian company focused on the research, development and commercialization of rapid, point-of-care in vitro medical diagnostics using its proprietary INSTI™ technology platform.
With a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA approval, Health Canada approval and CE mark, bioLytical markets and sells its INSTI™ HIV test globally and INSTI™ HIV/Syphilis Multiplex test in Europe. The INSTI product line provides highly accurate test results in 60 seconds or less, far faster than the 15-20 minutes required for tests based on lateral flow technology.
As a nimble and innovative company, bioLytical has an active R&D department with a pipeline that includes INSTI™ tests for diseases such as Zika, Hepatitis C and Hepatitis B among others. The company also provides contract services to adapt the INSTI™ platform to meet custom functional and technical diagnostic testing requirements.
A master scheduler is responsible for coordinating, planning, scheduling, and supervising products throughout their production process or cycle.
The master scheduler job description entails ensuring that all the different processes and schedules being set by an organization are followed judiciously so as to attain great efficiency.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Create and/or organize a production schedule daily and also make sure that every output (level) is recorded appropriately in the correct system
- Work together with other employees to make sure that all issues that are related to scheduling are properly handled and resolved
- Work closely with vendors to make sure that the company’s supply needs are adequately met in a timely manner
- Rectify and/or reconcile differences and inaccuracies that have to do with shipment and deliveries to customers
- Make sure schedules are given to employees in a timely fashion and that any distortions in the company’s schedule are accounted for always
- Ensure that every employee involved in the production process has a clear understanding of what is required to meet the order and needs of customers
- Maintain different reporting systems to make sure that all forms of documentation are accurate and timely
- Compile detailed worksheets and specifications from customer’s order
- Estimate type and quantity of materials and labour required for production, construction and other projects
- Consult with production supervisor to schedule production runs in a cost and time-efficient manner
- Meet regularly with other production clerks, warehouse, production and construction supervisors and purchasing and inventory clerks to co-ordinate activities between warehouses and production floors or construction sites
- Co-ordinate and monitor logistics of the movement of parts, supplies and materials within an establishment and ensure that supplies, materials and products are shipped and received on schedule
- Prepare and maintain various reports on the progress of work, materials used, rates of production and other production information, using manual or computerized systems.
- Manage budget and timelines
- Work with the landlord and external contractors to meet facility layout and maintenance requirements
- Identify and implement facility design and controls to support equipment and process requirements; this includes coordinating with outside contractors for electrical, plumbing and other constructions and ensuring they meet landlord and Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Manage facility servicing agreements
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar position
- Required certification for supply chain, project management, or business management
- Green Belt – project based
- Must be able to make use of different data base programs in particular Microsoft Excel
- Have good time management skill sets to be able to meet up with orders and schedules
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate respectfully, cordially, and freely with people (customers, employees, and vendors inclusive)
- Possess good leadership abilities
- Must be able to motivate other employees when needed
- Must exhibit a high level of flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Must possess good reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work as a ‘link person’ or middle person amongst customers, employees, and vendors
- Must possess a basic knowledge of supply chain activitie
HOW TO APPLY
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. For additional details about this opportunity and to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.