City: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: People & Culture
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list three years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
We are looking for agile and energetic people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
Reporting to the People Operations Manager, the Office Administrator is integral to the organizational strength of our company. As the Office Administrator, you are the supportive force to our people, productivity, and procedures. As a professional, you are a problem solver with superb communication skills with a detail-oriented mindset. Multitasking and the unique ability to deftly handle the unexpected are essential qualities to your abilities. As the Office Administrator, your job changes day to day, hour to hour. You may set up a boardroom for a client meeting, then switch gears to be in another meeting, followed by placing an order for office supplies. After lunch, you could arrange for a service to fix the water cooler, then meet with staff to help plan the next big event. Your role is to determine the administrative needs of our team and the best way to meet them. You will work to schedule and coordinate meetings, manage calendars and improve office processes.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Overseeing general office operations, including problem-solving day-to-day office system requirements.
- Warmly greet visitors to our office; answer and direct phone calls promptly
- Perform a variety of administrative duties, such as generating and distributing memos, letters, spreadsheets, forms, and emails; sorting and distributing incoming mail
- Maintain scheduling (including co-ordination of reservations, scheduling of tradeshows, event logistics and travel arrangements)
- Support other departments with the planning and execution of office meetings and catering requests
- Be connected via mobile device and monitor mission critical items (including appointment rescheduling) outside of regular office hours
WHAT YOU BRING:
You are a dependable team player who wants to be a part of our mission. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have an infectious enthusiasm about connecting with people and efficiency.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Represent bioLytical with professional presence and business acumen. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
- Establish and Maintain Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time
- Make Decisions and Solve Problems Holistically & Proactively – Analyzing information, anticipating needs before they arise, and evaluating results to discover the best solution and solve problems
- Manage Multiple Tasks while Remaining Organized – Determining priorities on the fly based on the urgency and time in dynamic, fast paced and rapidly changing environments
- Strong computer skills, both desktop (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and mobile (email, calendar, text messaging), and an aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years working in an office administrator role
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Exercise room with a gym and shower facilities
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.