Payroll & People Support Specialist
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada – Head Office
Department: People & Culture
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed, and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
bioLytical’s business has experienced explosive growth and we have grown to over 100 employees very quickly over the last few months. As a result, we are looking to create a People & Culture department. Reporting to the People & Culture Manager, the newly created position of Payroll & People Support Specialist will be responsible for the preparation and processing of payroll and benefits with a focus on internal customer service. You will also be responsible for workers compensation, payroll journal entries, Human Resources Information System and providing support to the People & Culture team. You will have the opportunity to contribute in a varied way with payroll and medical benefit responsibilities for both US and Canadian employees as well as both salaried and hourly employees. Having experience processing payroll at a manufacturing company would definitely be considered an asset. You have a keen eye for detail and a great head on your shoulders to be able to take manual processes and propose ways to automate them.
You live the INSTI Core Values through and through and play a vital role in driving forward our mission to get people tested with the best technology on the market.
INSTI CORE VALUES
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED TO EXCEL: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
Payroll and Benefits
- Process full cycle semi-monthly payroll for Canadian (3 different provinces) and US employees (located in 7-10 different states)
- Administer and process benefit plans for Canadian and US Employees
- Act as the first point of contact for all payroll and benefits matters
- Prepare records of Employment, source deductions, WCB filings, statutory remittances and government reporting (including government surveys)
- Responsible for all payroll tax reporting (T4 and W2)
- Assist in ensuring legislative compliance with regards to human resources, payroll and benefits
- Handle disability and WorkSafe BC claims
- Responsible for preparing semi-monthly and monthly payroll reports, reconciliations and payroll analysis
- Prepare commission and annual bonus calculations as assigned
- Review and process employee expense reimbursement claims
- Assist with payroll and employee reports and analysis as assigned
- Assist with external audit year-end payroll working papers
People & Culture
- Monitor the Payroll and People & Culture email inboxes and respond to employee requests
- Maintain employee files and HR system
- Assist with recruitment, employment contracts, and new employee onboarding/orientation
- Contribute and collaborate on People & Culture strategies and initiatives
- Assist in preparing reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing wage reports
- Maintain the organizational chart
WHAT YOU BRING
- You value internal customer service; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven
- College/University Degree in HR or related field
- 3+ years of payroll processing experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency (Pivot Tables, V-Lookup, etc.)
- Work well underpressure to meet payroll deadlines, and can adapt and shift focus in order to support changing business needs
- Structured, disciplined and organized with the ability to take ownership of payroll processes and a keen focus on continuous improvement on payroll processes and procedures
- Experience working in the manufacturing industry is nice to have
- Experience with U.S. payroll is nice to have
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel/Bridgeport Skytrain Station
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the holiday parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. For additional details about this opportunity and to apply, please provide your resume and salary expectations along with a response to the below question in confidence by email to email@example.com.
- What is your favorite payroll software system and why?
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.