People & Culture Manager
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada – Head Office
Department: People & Culture
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
bioLytical’s business is expanding so we are adding top talent to support our rocket ship growth with this newly created position – well . . . newly created department really. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you’ll immediately make a positive difference to our day-to-day People Operations, with a clear mandate to build out our HR framework without ever taking your eye off the Culture we’ve created. This is a very exciting time to join bioLytical as we continue to scale and evolve!
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the People Operations + Culture Manager is a key position within bioLytical’s leadership team. You will be at the forefront of the needs of our growing team to design, enhance, implement, and scale up the full suite of People + Culture programs; from talent management, total rewards, learning & development. As an outstanding HR leader, this is your opportunity to take your entire professional career to date to the next level and shine. Once you have alignment with the CPO, you will have their full support to create the change necessary to implement impactful People + Culture programs at all levels of the business.
You live the INSTI Core Values through and through and play a vital role in driving forward our mission to get people tested with the best technology on the market.
INSTI CORE VALUES
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED TO EXCEL: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
- Proactive: beyond diagnosing and identifying issues, you are focused in driving and executing initiatives that will have the highest impact.
- Collaborative: an experienced thought partner and problem solver who can navigate a multi-disciplined environment and balance the needs of all levels in the organization. Change management principles are of the highest priority.
- Influential: adept at giving needed advice and counsel by using tact and rationale in getting to “yes” and finding the triple win.
- Critical Thinker: identify root causes and relate them back to our business objectives, how they map onto our People + Culture strategy; using solid data to inform key decision making.
- High EQ: able to quickly understand the perspective of our people, business, and customers. You thrive on continually gaining insight into our “why”, values, mission, and vision for all stakeholders. Trust is your greatest asset.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Build or enhance scalable people-focused organizational programs to implement that cover the entire employee experience to align with bioLytical’s mission, values, culture, and goals.
- Provide guidance and assistance to management on a broad range of HR policies, practices, and programs.
- Partner with leadership and management to diagnose workforce planning issues and act on critical talent gaps.
- Act as a thought partner with managers to improve departmental people-related priorities.
- Advise employees through a consultative approach to help them enhance their work experience; plan and execute on their career goals.
- Recommend and implement solutions to continuously build engagement.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations relating to employment standards, human rights, privacy legislation and employment equity
- Manage the Payroll, Benefits, and People Support Specialist responsible for the Canadian and U.S. payroll and benefit plans.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years’ experience of progressive, professional HR experience culminating in a management role.
- A strong working knowledge of compliance with laws and regulations relating to employment standards, human rights, privacy legislation and employment equity.
- A track record of establishing strong alliances and productive relationships throughout all levels of the organization, while retaining an independence of thought processes.
- Experience working within a diverse, multi-disciplined team.
- Effective skills as an influencer and communicator; great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently with a “Solve It” mentality.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data for reporting with an emphasis on how the data tells a story.
- Ability to develop and track key metrics to measure employee happiness, engagement, performance, and retention
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental – 100% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel/Bridgeport Skytrain Station
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the holiday parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. For additional details about this opportunity and to apply, please provide your resume, salary expectations and response to the below questions in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which HRIS would you recommend to a company with less than 200 employees?
- What is your #1 tip for new managers or supervisors?
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.