People & Culture Manager (HR Manager)
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada – Head Office
Department: People & Culture
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed, and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
bioLytical’s business is expanding so we are adding top talent to support our rocket ship growth with this newly created position – well . . . newly created department really. Reporting to the Head of People & Culture, the People & Culture Manager will be responsible for recruitment, culture and talent development. You will run our People & Culture programs and keep People operations running smoothly and effectively.
From day one, you’ll make an immediate impact on the day-to-day People operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth. You will have the opportunity to drive change and implement robust People programs working in close partnership with various departments.
You live the INSTI Core Values through and through and play a vital role in driving forward our mission to get people tested with the best technology on the market.
INSTI CORE VALUES
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED TO EXCEL: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
People & Culture
- Manage the Payroll & People Support Specialist
- Manage the recruitment process by working closely with hiring managers
- Support department leaders in establishing clarity about critical roles and drive programs to address retention risks and skill gaps
- Maintain compensation program and annual reviews
- Lead in creating and rolling out learning and development programs
- Support and coach managers and supervisors
- Develop and maintain People & Culture strategies and initiatives
- Collaborate with the marketing team to build and maintain our employer branding
- Develop trusting professional relationship with all employees and managers of all teams
- Support and coach through employee relations issues, performance feedback, and professional/personal development opportunities
- Lead the social and culture committees
Payroll & Benefits
- Responsible for managing Canadian and U.S. payroll
- Responsible for managing Canadian and U.S. benefit plans
- Responsible for all payroll reporting including tax reporting
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations relating to payroll tax laws, employment standards, human rights, privacy legislation and employment equity.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You value internal customer service; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven.
- University Degree in HR or related field
- 7+ years of People & Culture experience
- 2+ years of management, coaching and mentoring experience of P&C team members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated business professionalism, respect for confidentiality and appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Ability to juggle many tasks quickly while adapting to new situations and a keen focus on continuous improvement
- Experience working in the manufacturing industry is nice to have
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental – 100% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel/Bridgeport Skytrain Station
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the holiday parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. For additional details about this opportunity and to apply, please provide your resume, salary expectations and response to the below questions in confidence by email to email@example.com.
- Which HRIS would you recommend to a company with less than 200 employees?
- What is your #1 tip for new managers or supervisors?
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.