Product Support Specialist
City: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Product Support, Technical Operations
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for agile and energetic people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
As a member of the Technical Operations team, the Product Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the drive for operational efficiency and effectiveness by developing and implementing tools critical for improving manufacturing and production scale up of the INSTI platform. The Product Support Specialist also works with internal cross-departmental teams to identify process improvements and troubleshoot current and new production processes. This position reports to the Technical Operations Manager. You’ve been told time and time again that you’re a real superstar with so much potential for professional development as you progress through the next few years of your career. You live the INSTI Core Values through and through.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Identify process improvements and lead activities required for their effective implementation
- Participate in developing and executing process validations protocols
- Plan, design and execute new and modified in vitro diagnostic device design projects, as directed by Technical Operations Manager
- Investigate nonconformities and provide recommendations for material disposition and corrective actions
- Investigate and perform root cause analysis for corrective actions
- Investigate and resolve performance related customer complaints
- Design stability studies and coordinate personnel for study execution for new or modified products as required
- Conduct laboratory examinations, immunoassays and investigational determinations on blood and blood products for product improvements
- Provide technical and complex information clearly to research personnel as well as to members of other departments including Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Sales & Marketing
- Assist in research, planning and evaluation of alternate methods and testing procedures
- Assist with training of laboratory or other related personnel
WHAT YOU BRING:
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor degree or Master in a life sciences discipline, preferably in medical technology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry, biology or related science.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a research or clinical laboratory
- Knowledge of or experience with ISO 13485, ISO 9001 desired
- Knowledge of or experience with GLP, GMP work desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and written communication skills are required
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training
- Must have strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Access, Excel)
- Organized and detail-oriented
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals