Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Production and Packaging, Manufacturing
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Number of Positions Available: 6
bioLytical Laboratories, ranked on Business in Vancouver’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies list, is focused on the research, development and commercialization of rapid, point-of-care in vitro medical diagnostics using its proprietary INSTI technology platform.
With a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA approval, Health Canada approval and CE mark, bioLytical markets and sells its INSTI HIV test globally, the INSTI HIV Self Test and INSTI HIV/Syphilis Multiplex test in Europe. The INSTI product line provides highly accurate test results in 60 seconds or less, far faster than the 15-20 minutes required for tests based on lateral flow technology.
Reporting directly to the head of Production Management, this position is responsible for performing a variety of routine manufacturing tasks, such as dispensing, labeling, packaging and kit assembly. This position may involve operating small equipment. The successful candidate will have the ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and accurately in order to meet daily production requirements. This position requires the candidate to have availability for flexible starting and ending times (days or afternoons) as well as the ability to work on a Saturday if required.
- Manual dexterity to perform routine packaging, labeling and assembly tasks
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and efficiently to meet production targets
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or independently on a day-to-day basis with accuracy and close attention to detail
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal
- Must be able to read and understand a variety of written operating instructions (Standard Operating Procedures & Work Instructions) and to accurately complete daily forms or other documents as required by the Quality Management System
- Ability to make general mathematical calculations
- Excellent work ethic and integrity
- Must have availability to meet flexible start and end times including the ability to work on days, afternoons or weekends
- High School education preferred
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced production environment is an asset
- Applicants holding First Aid Certificates given priority
WHAT WE OFFER
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY
BioLytical Laboratories Inc offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. For additional details about this opportunity and to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.