Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Operations, Supply Chain
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
The Purchaser is a critical member of the Supply Chain team and is responsible for executing on bioLytical’s purchasing strategy as well as managing purchase requisitions and coordinating delivery to meet production timelines. This role is also responsible for sourcing new vendors, coordinating vendor qualification and vendor pricing negotiations.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review requisitions for goods and services and prepare purchase orders or solicit bid proposals
- Source goods and services through qualified vendors, or search for and evaluate new vendors, focusing on pricing, delivery and quality
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services
- Analyze and negotiate price proposals, payment terms and shipping terms with global suppliers
- Confer with staff, users and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Write and review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased
- Authorize payment of invoices and return of merchandise
- Report on monthly Purchasing metrics
- Identify new suppliers and perform supplier qualification
- Establish strong relationships with suppliers and ensure they are aligned to meet bioLytical’s objectives
- Communicate with suppliers and issue Supplier Corrective Actions Requests (SCARs) when applicable
- Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives
- Monitor supplier compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Identify high risk suppliers and work proactively to reduce potential risk of supply.
- Assist with preparation for supplier audits
- Maintain and review records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories
- Coordinate logistics for shipping/delivery and payment of duty and freight
- Communicate with internal customers on potential materials shortage/overage/delays
- Post-secondary graduate with minimum, five years purchasing experience in manufacturing, distribution, healthcare or highly regulated environments such as ISO 13485 PMAC or other Purchasing Accreditation an asset
- Knowledgeable on the concepts of Supply Management and Vendor Management principles
- Ability to work with computers and software such as Microsoft Excel, as well as data processing skills, are valued. Experience using an ERP system is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written to work with people internal to the company, as well as with suppliers, shipping agents, courier companies
- Must possess strong negotiation and analytical skills and decision making abilities
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and self-motivated; able to work both independently and as a team
- Creative and resourceful
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental – 100% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Paid sick days
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Exercise room with a gym and shower facilities
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh, and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Please send a cover letter and resume in application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.