City: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Research & Development
Position: Permanent, Full Time
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute.
bioLytical has been in business since 2002 and is a privately-owned Canadian company focused on the research, development and commercialization of rapid, point-of-care in vitro medical diagnostics using its proprietary INSTI technology platform. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed, and more people linked to care.
As a nimble and innovative company, bioLytical has an active R&D department with a pipeline that includes INSTI tests for diseases such as Hepatitis C and Syphilis, among others. We are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team and help make a difference in the world!
Reporting to the Senior Research Scientist, the Research Associate plays a key role in the design and development of new bioLytical rapid point of care tests. You live the INSTI core values through and through.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Research and understand the role of proposed new products to be added to the bioLytical product portfolio
- Establish feasibility of new products, including reaching benchmarks for sensitivity, specificity, and stability.
- Research and provide input into intended design requirements for new products
- Execute design verification and validation test plans as required
- Design and execute preliminary stability studies
- Prepare preliminary design specifications and draft design documentation
- Develop and test early concept designs
- Troubleshoot test results and design challenges as required
- Participate in risk management activities related with the product under development
- Analyze and summarize data and write reports
- Assist with providing data for meta-analysis white papers and publishing of peer review papers
- Assist in other Research and Development or Product Support activities, as required
- Assist with training of laboratory or other related personnel
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a life sciences discipline, preferably in medical technology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry, biology or related science.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a research or clinical laboratory preferred
- Industrial experience an asset
- Knowledge of or experience with GLP, GMP work desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and written communication skills are required
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training
- Must have strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Access, Excel)
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Must be able to work with blood and blood-borne pathogens
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your Birthday every year
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Exercise room with a gym and shower facilities
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fu
HOW TO APPLY:
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals