City: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Supply Chain, Operations
Position: Permanent, Full Time
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. based in Richmond, BC, Canada is a privately-owned Canadian Company federally incorporated in 2002 and focused on the research, development and commercialization of rapid, point-of-care in vitro medical diagnostics developed using its proprietary INSTI® technology platform. Today, the company sells and markets its INSTI® HIV test and has a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA approval, Health Canada approval and CE mark. Our product provides a highly accurate HIV test result in as little as 60 seconds which translates into a compelling value proposition for patients, healthcare professionals, and public health organizations.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Shipper/Receiver aids the Supply Chain department in all aspects of its duties. Basic responsibilities include receiving materials and verifies quality and quantity against supporting documents, prepares materials and necessary documents for shipping, request for shipping freight quotes, maintain a safe, clean and orderly finished goods area, loading/unloading docks and assist in inventory control and material handling for coverage as necessary.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Maintains accurate physical and ERP inventory of Finished Goods at all time
- Adhere to shipping/receiving policies and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Receives incoming materials, checks and signs delivery slips, and assist in unloading as necessary
- Unpacks and verifies the quality and quantity of received materials against supporting documents, and process materials as per established procedures.
- Confer and coordinate with appropriate personnel for receiving problems such as damages, shortages and nonconformance to material specification. Initiate a nonconformance report as necessary.
- Prepare and organize distribution and shipping of materials or finished goods as per established procedures and maintain files for record keeping.
- Contact transport companies, request for freight quotes and make arrangements for pick-up of goods to and from bioLytical premises and follow-up shipments until it reaches intended recipient.
- Prepare necessary documents such as BOL, Commercial Invoice, etc. for shipping. Ensure that documents and goods are complete and properly labeled before shipping.
- Maintains supply for shipping materials and submit purchase request as necessary.
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly shipping/receiving area.
- Cross train with inventory control and material handling functions to assist and provide coverage as necessary.
- Process and extract various reports as assigned from inventory management system.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High school diploma with at least 3 years shipping/receiving experience
- Physical activity involve in this job includes walking, lifting and bending. Candidate should be able to lift and move up to 50kg as necessary.
- Strong computer knowledge and Microsoft Office needed
- Driver’s License is required
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and self-motivated; able to work both independently and as a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Creative and resourceful
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people
- Experience and/or license for forklift or Class 3 Pallet Truck operation is an asset
- Experience using an ERP system is a plus
- Supervisory experience or aptitude is beneficial
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.