Social Media Specialist
City: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Sales and Marketing
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for agile and energetic people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
bioLytical’s business is expanding so we are adding top talent to support our rocketship growth and provide best-in-class engagement with our community. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Social Media Specialist is a critical member of the team who will manage the online presence and community of the INSTI brand. We are looking for someone passionate about connecting with other humans and providing a customer-centric digital brand experience. You will play a vital role in achieving exponential growth and driving forward our mission to get people tested with the best technology on the market.
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Craft copy that captures our brand’s voice to drive engagement on social media and promotional content
- Engage with our social media community on social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Curate the social media calendar
- Update the INSTI branded website as well as the bioLytical corporate website to ensure they are current, dynamic and relevant
- Key member in marketing team assisting in various marketing areas, may include PR coordination and social campaigns
- Assist in reviewing our online performance using Google Analytics, Hootsuite or Sprout Social
WHAT YOU BRING:
You are a customer-focused, pro-active thinker who is passionate about creating customer experiences to drive brand loyalty, growth opportunities and educating nay-sayers.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Customer-focused, detail-oriented, team player who takes initiative and thrives in managing multiple channels and determining priorities on the fly based on urgency and time
- Comfortable working with and confidently talking about sexual health, sexually transmitted infections, STI prevention methods, condoms, sex toys, lubricants, etc.
- Open and love-all attitude. If you don’t have awareness of or aren’t a member of the LGBTTTQQIAA community, then you have an openness and willingness to learn
- Confident, engaging written and oral communication skills
- Experience with social media communications and an expert of all things social (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Design-minded with operating knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop Illustrator) is an asset
- Experience in Google Analytics and WordPress is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacation
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Complimentary shuttle to/from the office and River Rock Hotel
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.