Senior Vice President, Operations
City: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Manufacturing Operations
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
In this newly created position of Senior Vice President, Operations (SVP Ops) you are a subject matter expert, trusted advisor and an integral member of bioLytical’s senior leadership team. You are a visionary innovator, dynamic people leader, proven growth-stage builder and passionate about continuous improvement. You have an exciting opportunity to be a part of and execute a strategy for company-wide operational excellence. You can rely on a very capable team of managers who have established a strong foundation for growth but remain hungry for continued mentorship and career development.
DMAIC, DMADV, SIPOC and 5S aren’t just acronyms for you; as Black Belt, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing are your way of life. The SVP, Ops is accountable for profitability and operations including Manufacturing Production, Supply Chain, Facilities & Engineering, and Quality & Regulatory. We are in growth mode so you can expect a fairly blank slate to implement automation through robotics and build out expanded facilities.
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and are growing significantly now with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list three years in a row, is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year and honoured as 2019 BC Exporter of the Year by the Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters Association.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
INSTI’S CORE VALUES:
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
DETERMINE YOUR FIT:
- You are passionate about positively impacting the lives of employees and customers; you are the first to celebrate the success of your team and others
- You are a mentor and coach who creates cohesion and synergies between departments
- Success for you is establishing and executing goals through your teams, systems, and processes
- You live and breathe continuous improvement through Six Sigma and Kaizen
- You believe in analyzing your success through a detailed understanding of operational metrics and the levers that drive profitability
- You remain compliant while being entrepreneurial; you provide smart, shrewd, dependable advice
- Your policies and procedures are respected through your leadership and follow through; you hold yourself and others to a high standard of personal accountability
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Delivering operational excellence through identifying opportunities for enhancement of existing processes while strategizing and executing upon new opportunities for growth and improvement
- Leading, coaching and mentoring multi-function teams while nurturing overall company culture
- Managing and evaluating vendor relationships to ensure the requirements for accessibility, quality, comprehensiveness and risk mitigation are met
- Creating and supporting a service delivery model that meets the needs of bioLytical’s global clientele
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory laws and statutes applicable to the company and the services provided
- Establishing key performance indicators and evaluating returns on investments
- Refine and advance process, practices and systems to consistently deliver on our purpose and mission
- Approve annual operating and resource plans with key metrics to enhance business performance, customer experience and community impact
- Oversee liability required to provide the highest level of standards without interruptions to production and services
- Provide leadership to the operational teams by setting short and long-term business strategies and evaluating the effectiveness of current programs
- Fostering a culture of accountability, inclusiveness, diversity, performance and employee engagement
- Setting expectations and overseeing completion of assigned duties and develop direct reports with coaching, training and development plans
- Solicit ideas and use effective decision making to productively work through complex challenges
- Nurturing and supporting company culture through “Leading by Example” and encouraging diversity and inclusion
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer
- Positions that report to the SVP Ops
- Production Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Continuous Improvement Manager (new position to be hired by SVP Ops)
- Vice President, Quality & Regulatory
QUALIFICATIONS YOU BRING
- University degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience, MBA preferred
- A minimum of 10 years experience in VP, SVP or GM roles
- Six Sigma Black Belt certified
- Strong understanding and successful application of lean manufacturing best practices including value stream designs, continuous improvement initiatives and gemba walks
- Direct experience scaling companies from $50M to $150M in product revenue from one facility; you’ve scaled growth before and are hungry to do it again but this time better and faster
- Direct experience working in several different organizations in various industries ranging from 150 to 1,500 employees; you’ve seen what good looks like at small and larger companies
- Experience leading an ERP system implementation including manufacturing data collection preferred
- Full P&L responsibility of establishing and maintaining budgets
- Experience effectively leading teams greater than 75 people, ideally with large-scale initiatives of significant implications
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop leadership teams
- Ability to travel internationally to foster strong customer and supplier relationships
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including medical, dental, optometry, RMT, etc.
- Flexible work hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Gym and shower facilities
- Opportunity to work with industry experts
- Oh, and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the holiday parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.