Production Assistant (Contract)
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Department: Production and Packaging, Manufacturing
Position: Contract ______________________________________________________________________________
Did you know that you no longer have to book an appointment with your doctor and wait weeks to get lab results back for STIs like HIV and Syphilis?
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! We’ve been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from our research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on our mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join us on our journey and help make a difference in the world!
INSTI’S CORE VALUES
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings and the business.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, this position is responsible for performing a variety of routine manufacturing tasks, such as dispensing, labeling, packaging and kit assembly. This position may involve operating small equipment. The successful candidate will have the ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and accurately in order to meet daily production requirements. This casual position requires the candidate to have availability for flexible starting and ending times (days or afternoons) as well as the ability to work on a Saturday if required.
- Manual dexterity to perform routine packaging, labeling and assembly tasks
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and efficiently to meet production targets
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or independently on a day-to-day basis with accuracy and close attention to detail
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal
- Must be able to read and understand a variety of written operating instructions (Standard Operating Procedures & Work Instructions) and to accurately complete daily forms or other documents as required by the Quality Management System
- Ability to make general mathematical calculations
- Excellent work ethic and integrity
- Must have availability to meet flexible start and end times including the ability to work or days, afternoons or weekends
- High School education preferred
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced production environment is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Extended health benefits including dental – 100% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Paid sick days
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Exercise room with a gym and shower facilities
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but know how to have some fun
- Oh, and you will also have a chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the Christmas parties, lead in lawn bowling or volleyball at the summer barbeques and devour cake at the monthly birthday celebrations.
HOW TO APPLY
BioLytical Laboratories Inc. offers a challenging, enriching work environment and competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Please send a cover letter and resume in application to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.